Judith and Maxima Kinsky, at the preview party of xterrace at the london hat week in April 2019 Source: Karl Maria Kinsky
My Name is Karl Maria Count Kinsky and I am an artcollector, currently residing in Spain. I have a passion for Art and also Hats. My Grandmother was a milliner in Austria and I have a range of beautiful handcrafted vintage hats in my art collection.
I feel sad that this amazing craftsmanship seems to be dissappearing more and more and less people are interested in practising it.
I have therefore encouraged my wife who is an international artist to start creating hats because I thought she had a certain talent for it.
throughout her carreer she has taken part in the London Hat Week and Exhibition on numerous occassions and I have already thought about hosting a similar event in Berlin, Germany before we moved here 2 years ago.
I have recently realised that there is a large community here in Mallorca who is interested in real handcrafted millinery, so I decided if not now then never!
I hope that my idea of the combination of exhibition and hat competition with real cash awards will be very helpfull to keep this craft alive and maybe it will inspire people to involve themselves with millinery again.
So without any further ado,
This is the official page of PALMA HAT WEEK in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. please follow my collection on facebook and join our new Palma Hat Week Group as well where we hope to grow an international community of milliners and hat lovers!
Enjoy my event!
Karl Maria Graf Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau
Welcome to the first ever "Palma Hat Week 2019" taking place at the fantastic "Mallorca Gin Distillery" in the heart of the city, in Santa Catalina, the artsy and modern district of Palma de Mallorca in Spain. The Distillery was built in 2018 using mostly steel and metal, it is best decribed as modern industrial and inspired by a classic mix of old english breweries. Expect lots of copper, steel and warm lights, a perfect location to present contemporary art and now, hats! We are excited to offer you the possibility to take part in this event, presenting your hat creations to hatlovers from all over Mallorca.
The international community here is vibrant, Germans, Swiss and English people make the majority of Expats living here, enjoying the great nature of the island and mediteranian flair. Palma de Mallorca is, like Monaco, Cannes in France or Tivat in Montenegro a magnet for the high society. Many horselovers and horse race lovers come to Mallorca every year. It is a perfect place to host this event and we are thrilled to be the ones presenting it! Here you will find the terms and conditions, registration form and all the necessary info to register for the event:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR THIS YEAR:
hats entered in the exhibition and competition must be inspired by these categories:
Hats with big brims or super modern designs, crazy materials to avoid sunburns, something that would make you stand out from the crowd. Luxurious feeling, maybe think about what a former hollywood icon would have worn at the beach or to the beach club.
If you were invited to a private luxurious party at a beachside mansion, what would you wear? We want to see high hats with luxury materials such as rhinestones, gold, silver, silk, gems and glitter etc. (Hats, Headbands, Fascinators) but keep in mind that it should be outstanding, yet sophisticated and elegant.
In each category there will only be one winning hat, the price money is EUR 350, - cash in each category, as well as a specially designed look book presenting only your work.
WHAT YOU GET:
AtKinsky die Sammlung Kinsky, JMK Millinery and Palma Gin Distillery will display your hats both on their websites, as well as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels. All of ourpartners in Europe will be invited to join our media output for the event.
The events will be promoted in all local and international Mallorcan newspapers to reach a maximum number of hatlovers from the whole Island. Our press release and hat competition for the public aims to invite 30K plus of visitors to see the hatweek.
Main Event and Preview Party: (3rd August 2019 from 7pm-11pm+)
A fantastic night, with tickets for the public, preview of your hats for press and media as well as a chosen crowd of who is who in Mallorca. The winners of the competion in both categories will be announced, a collection of the best 20 hats chosen by our jury will be on special display all through the evening. Also the winner of the public category "Mallorca show your hat" will be announced at the main event.
Mallorca Gin Distillery will cater the event, all Milliners enjoy free food, soft drinks and local wine during the event.
We will provide a professional sales team to sell your hats as well as a make up artist and stylist to spoil yourself and models presenting your hats to the media and press.
Your hat will be featured both, during the main event as well as the exhibition which will be on display for 6 days in Mallorca and Menorca in August 2019.
All accepted entries will be offered through atKinsky die Sammlung Kinsky´s webshop for 1 year further until our next event in 2020.(if you want)
Visit workshops of other designers to learn from each other, at special rates! All the workshops are hosted by Palma Hat Week and our partners in Palma
Your creations are offered throughout Palma Hat Week and thereafter. A professional salesteam is in charge to ensure best exposure to interested customers.
Reduced rates to experience Mallorca and Menorca:
When taking a break from Palma Hat Week, our partners are happy to offer great deals for you and your family to enjoy some of the best features of the Balearic Islands. This includes, special meal deals, tours through Palma and beyond, beauty and fashion packages, cheap acomodation and much more.
The absolute highlight of the Palma Hat Week is a daytrip to the horse races in Menorca on the 4th of August. Our special package includes, Plane tickets, and tickets to the Horseraces where you can enter a secluded Hat Competition hosted by Hippodrome Menorca on that day! The best 20 hats curated by our jury will be taken to Menorca on the 4th and presented to the public during the races.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION:
1) Please note that the application is for one hat only, if you wish to submit more for consideration, you need to fill in the form again.(purchase an addon in our webshop)
2) All hats for consideration must incorporate this years motto of Palma hat week (Beach or Gala) within the parameters of what we are looking for (see above)
3) Please supply six clear images of your creation (min. 1000x1000px/300dpi) with the application form for consideration (showing hat from all different angles against a plain white background (front, back, left & right side, top and underneath), each should be no smaller than 1MB, no larger than 2MB), please use a neutral stand or mannequin to present your hat. If you occur any trouble with this please feel free to contact us for assistance! click here
4) You will be informed by email which of your hat(s) have been selected. THERE MUST NOT be any logo or brand name or watermark on your hat or photo, if there is a label on your hat, you must cover it.
Why so many photos why no watermarks and logos?
It is for two reasons:
The judges need this many photos to get a perfect idea of your creation, because it is a photo contest and no logos and watermarks to keep it neutral and fair for everyone. The second reason is that your hats will be on display with atKinsky die Sammlung Kinskys social media accounts and must therefor be presented in the best way.
5) A non-refundable € 100,- application entry fee for each submitted hat is to be paid to enter the exhibition and competition. You can enter more hats at an additional € 25,- per hat! The same rules as for your first entry apply. Simply make a addon purchase in our webshop, fill out the form again and follow protokol. You will receive a ticket for you to join us at the main event in August. Invite your friend to join you for this event for € 25,- extra per ticket.
6)As all entries are offered for sale at and after the Palma hat week competition, you agree to pay atKinsky die Sammlung Kinsky a commission fee of 30% of the sale price. Hats sold will be displayed for the duration of the exhibition and collected or sent to or by the buyer after the exhibition has ended, if it does not remain with atKinsky to sell.
7) Entry fees will be used to cover venue hire (central Palma, ground floor location), storage, display props, staff, marketing, graphic design and printing of catalogues, postcards, tickets, press packs, and Private View Party and Press Preview Event organisation and catering costs. NOTE: If none of your hats are accepted to the exhibition, you will receive a refund of your entry fee within 7 days after notice (31st may).
8) Please include your social media account details to be featured online through atKinsky online Platform. It is vital also, to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook @atkinsky to be followed back.
9) Hats sent may upon request remain with atKinsky to be displayed and sold until the latest April 2020 and thereafter sent buy a postal service using the box they were delivered in at the milliners expense.
10) Successful entries to be announced via email after 31st may 2019. The deadline for the application process is on the 31st of may 2019!
11) You may drop off your hat in person by prior arrangement only.
12) Any import/export taxes incurred must be paid by the designers. If you are sending from outside EU, please make sure you fill in the customs invoice correctly in order to avoid customs delays and charges.
13) Hats will be returned using one of the following couriers: FedEx, UPS, DHL, CORREOS. Unless you instruct otherwise hats will be sent using the cheapest option and include Eur 50 insurance per hat. You agree to pay for return shipping and we will invoice you for the cost price.
14)atKinsky will not accept liability for any damage caused to the hats either in transit or during the exhibition, or for any injury caused by the hats to the public. Please arrange your own insurance if you wish to be covered in the event of damage.
15) Designers who intend to pick up their hat(s) in person may do so by prior arrangement in 2019,
16) Any enquiries regarding to your application submission please email: click here
17) All hats must have arrived at our address before the 20th of June 2019 -
Send your hats to:
Karl Maria Kinsky, AtKinsky die Sammlung Kinsky, Carrer dén Sureda 41 piso 1, 07680 Porto Cristo, Balears, Spain
Please apply here online using a desktop computer and not a mobile phone:
Designers, hatblockers and other merchants, looking to host a workshop or product display during Palma Hat Week 3rd to 9th of August 2019 in Palma de Mallorca, send us a message with your Workshop presentation, Material and Products you want to promote to email@example.com
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Lets have a chat - Simply add our Tel.nr. to your Whatsapp and send us your details and best time to talk.
Our Whatsapp Nr. is: +34 685 407 513
Alternatively - you can chat with us directly here by opening the chat window widget at the bottom of this page!
AtKinsky die Sammlung Kinsky
Owner: Karl Maria Kinsky
C.den Sureda 41 1
07680 Porto Cristo
Tel: +34 685 407 513
Mail:info (at) atkinsky.com
Reg. No. Y5235639W
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.